packaging a script that uses DBIx::Class

packaging a script that uses DBIx::Class

RAPPAZ Francois
Hi

I wrote an application using DBIx::Class to access data on mysql. The script work well but the packaging with pp hangs: the "pp: Writing PAR on C:\Users\ ... " when verbose is on, stay for 20 minutes, whereas the same application using sql and DBI is packed in a few  minutes.

I suspect it's in the dependencies scan that the problem lies. My script calls "use Dbc::Schema;" which is where my data are, and this is the only call to the Dbix::Class stuff.

scandeps.pl -V -e "use Dbc::Schema;" does not return or does not give any output.

Thanks for any information on how to correct this.

François

Re: packaging a script that uses DBIx::Class

RAPPAZ Francois
Well, finally I was just impatient

The packaging with pp works and the modules I had to add with the -M option were:

-M Variable::Magic
-M Dbc::Schema::Result::Commande
-M Dbc::Schema::Result:: ... and so on for all my tables
-M Dbc::Schema::ResultSet
-M SQL::Abstract

Dbc is the folder where my DBIx (sub) classes are.

Best
François

The only thing I have done that have speed up things was to have all the files on my C: drive (and not on a network share)
I had to see which modules were missing from the static scan (either by trials or by using scandeps.pl -x)

All in all, it took about 45 minutes to get the packaging done.

François