latest DBIx::Class "Not inlining a constructor..."

latest DBIx::Class "Not inlining a constructor..."

Bernhard Bauch
dear all,

i've been updating to the latest dbix::class version yesterday, and now my catalyst app / more the dbix::class schema does not work..

i get the following error/warning when starting my App:

Not inlining a constructor for MyApp::Schema::ResultSet since its parent MyBaseApp::Schema::ResultSet doesn't contain a constructor named 'new'. If you are certain you don't need to inline your constructor, specify inline_constructor => 0 in your call to MyApp::Schema::ResultSet->meta->make_immutable

i did use moose in my ResultSet classes as descrived here:

if i put
__PACKAGE__->meta->make_immutable( inline_constructor => 0 );

at the end of my packages, the warning disappears but its not working anyway.

the following errors occure...e.g:

"Can't call method "columns" on an undefined value at /usr/local/....DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm line 3538
or
Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /usr/local/.../DBIx/Class/ResultSet.pm line 477

anyidea whats wrong here ?

thanks for you support,
bernhard

Bernhard Bauch
Webdevelopment

ZSI-Zentrum für Soziale Innovation GmbH
Centre for Social Innovation

Linke Wienzeile 246, A-1150 Wien, Austria
Skype: berni-zsi

Re: latest DBIx::Class "Not inlining a constructor..."

Bernhard Bauch
hey again,

correction:
there are now errors. when i do
but i receive lots of warnings (for every ResulSet class i have) when starti my app.. like

Not inlining a constructor for MyApp::Schema::ResultSet since its parent MyBaseApp::Schema::ResultSet doesn't contain a constructor named 'new'. If
you are certain you don't need to inline your constructor, specify inline_constructor => 0 in your call to MyApp::Schema::ResultSet->meta->make_immutable

anyideas why ?
bye, bernhard

On 14 Sep 2016, at 11:13, Bernhard Bauch <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

!DSPAM:57d914db170079883714898!

Bernhard Bauch
Webdevelopment

ZSI-Zentrum für Soziale Innovation GmbH
Centre for Social Innovation

Linke Wienzeile 246, A-1150 Wien, Austria
Skype: berni-zsi

Re: latest DBIx::Class "Not inlining a constructor..."

Marco Vittorini Orgeas

On 09/14/2016 12:48 PM, Bernhard Bauch wrote:

hey again,

correction:
there are now errors. when i do
but i receive lots of warnings (for every ResulSet class i have) when starti my app.. like

Not inlining a constructor for MyApp::Schema::ResultSet since its parent MyBaseApp::Schema::ResultSet doesn't contain a constructor named 'new'. If
you are certain you don't need to inline your constructor, specify inline_constructor => 0 in your call to MyApp::Schema::ResultSet->meta->make_immutable

anyideas why ?
bye, bernhard

Are you using something like "use MooseX::NonMoose;" in your ResultSet classes?
Can you post some code?

On 09/14/2016 11:13 AM, Bernhard Bauch wrote:
> dear all,
>
> i've been updating to the latest dbix::class version yesterday, and now
> my catalyst app / more the dbix::class schema does not work..

In the emails you keep citing ...DBIx-Class-0.08271... yet the latest
version is 0.082840: https://metacpan.org/release/DBIx-Class

It is also unclear whether it is *just* DBIC that you upgraded, or did
you upgrade the rest of your dependencies (i.e. did your version of
Moose before/after stayed the same? )

It would really help if you can narrow this down, by attempting to load
just a single result class (not your entire app/schema) and verifying if
that works before/after, while also comparing the versions of various
libraries using something like
https://metacpan.org/pod/Module::Versions::Report#SYNOPSIS

Cheers

Re: latest DBIx::Class "Not inlining a constructor..."

Bernhard Bauch
dear all,

i did upgrade all modules (installed from scratch all catalyst, dbix:class, etc. modules -- so also moose)

my dbix::class schema/resultset structure looks like this:

package CatalystX::MyBaseApp::Schema::ResultSet;

use Moose;
use namespace::autoclean;
use MooseX::NonMoose;

extends 'DBIx::Class::ResultSet';
sub BUILDARGS { $_[2] }

.... custom code here..
__PACKAGE__->meta->make_immutable;
1;
package MyApp::Schema::ResultSet;

use Moose;
use namespace::autoclean;
use MooseX::NonMoose;

extends 'CatalystX:: MyBaseApp::Schema::ResultSet';
sub BUILDARGS { $_[2] }

__PACKAGE__->meta->make_immutable;
1;

used versions:
- perl 5.24.0
- dbix::class: 0.082840
- moose: 2.1805

hope that helps.
chees,
bernhard

> On 14 Sep 2016, at 13:17, Peter Rabbitson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 09/14/2016 11:13 AM, Bernhard Bauch wrote:
>> dear all,
>>
>> i've been updating to the latest dbix::class version yesterday, and now
>> my catalyst app / more the dbix::class schema does not work..
>
> In the emails you keep citing ...DBIx-Class-0.08271... yet the latest version is 0.082840: https://metacpan.org/release/DBIx-Class
>
> It is also unclear whether it is *just* DBIC that you upgraded, or did you upgrade the rest of your dependencies (i.e. did your version of Moose before/after stayed the same? )
>
> It would really help if you can narrow this down, by attempting to load just a single result class (not your entire app/schema) and verifying if that works before/after, while also comparing the versions of various libraries using something like https://metacpan.org/pod/Module::Versions::Report#SYNOPSIS
>
> Cheers

> Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...
>
> !DSPAM:57d931fb170071281829247!

Bernhard Bauch
Webdevelopment

ZSI-Zentrum für Soziale Innovation GmbH
Centre for Social Innovation

Linke Wienzeile 246, A-1150 Wien, Austria
Mail: [hidden email]
Skype: berni-zsi

Re: latest DBIx::Class "Not inlining a constructor..."

Peter Rabbitson-2
On 09/14/2016 02:35 PM, Bernhard Bauch wrote:
> dear all,
>
> i did upgrade all modules (installed from scratch all catalyst, dbix:class, etc. modules -- so also moose)

Right... that'll be more difficult to pinpoint. A simple set of classes
resembling your setup seems to work just fine for me with latest Moose
and stuff (see below).

The best advice I can give at this point is to keep "trimming down" your
application ensuring the errors are present, and showing us a minimal
example that does not work for you. The way you have things presently -
there are way too many moving parts to attempt a remote diagnostic :/

perl -we '

   {
     package MyBaseApp::Schema::ResultSet::Foo;

     use Moose;
     use namespace::autoclean;
     use MooseX::NonMoose;

     extends "DBIx::Class::ResultSet";
     sub BUILDARGS { $_[2] }

     __PACKAGE__->meta->make_immutable;

   }

   {
     package MyBaseApp::Schema::Result::Foo;

     use base "DBIx::Class::Core";

     __PACKAGE__->table("foo");
     __PACKAGE__->add_columns("bar");

     __PACKAGE__->resultset_class("MyBaseApp::Schema::ResultSet::Foo");

   }

   {
     package MyBaseApp::Schema;

     use base "DBIx::Class::Schema";

     __PACKAGE__->register_class( Foo => "MyBaseApp::Schema::Result::Foo");
   }

   my $q =
MyBaseApp::Schema->connect("dbi:SQLite::memory:")->resultset("Foo")->as_query;
   warn $$q->[0];
'

producing

(SELECT me.bar FROM foo me) at -e line 37.

Re: latest DBIx::Class "Not inlining a constructor..."

Bernhard Bauch
dear peter,

here's my example code..(see attachment)

it produces the following errors on my setup:

----------
Not inlining a constructor for MyApp::Schema::ResultSet since its parent MyBaseApp::Schema::ResultSet doesn't contain a constructor named 'new'. If you are certain you don't need to inline your constructor, specify inline_constructor => 0 in your call to MyApp::Schema::ResultSet->meta->make_immutable
Not inlining a constructor for MyApp::Schema::ResultSet::Foo since its parent MyApp::Schema::ResultSet doesn't contain a constructor named 'new'. If you are certain you don't need to inline your constructor, specify inline_constructor => 0 in your call to MyApp::Schema::ResultSet::Foo->meta->make_immutable

DBIx::Class::Schema::source(): Can't find source for Foo at dbix-debug.pl line 107
----------

have a nice day,
bernhard

> On 14 Sep 2016, at 15:29, Peter Rabbitson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 09/14/2016 02:35 PM, Bernhard Bauch wrote:
>> dear all,
>>
>> i did upgrade all modules (installed from scratch all catalyst, dbix:class, etc. modules -- so also moose)
>
> Right... that'll be more difficult to pinpoint. A simple set of classes resembling your setup seems to work just fine for me with latest Moose and stuff (see below).
>
> The best advice I can give at this point is to keep "trimming down" your application ensuring the errors are present, and showing us a minimal example that does not work for you. The way you have things presently - there are way too many moving parts to attempt a remote diagnostic :/
>
> perl -we '
>
>  {
>    package MyBaseApp::Schema::ResultSet::Foo;
>
>    use Moose;
>    use namespace::autoclean;
>    use MooseX::NonMoose;
>
>    extends "DBIx::Class::ResultSet";
>    sub BUILDARGS { $_[2] }
>
>    __PACKAGE__->meta->make_immutable;
>  }
>
>  {
>    package MyBaseApp::Schema::Result::Foo;
>
>    use base "DBIx::Class::Core";
>
>    __PACKAGE__->table("foo");
>    __PACKAGE__->add_columns("bar");
>
>    __PACKAGE__->resultset_class("MyBaseApp::Schema::ResultSet::Foo");
>
>  }
>
>  {
>    package MyBaseApp::Schema;
>
>    use base "DBIx::Class::Schema";
>
>    __PACKAGE__->register_class( Foo => "MyBaseApp::Schema::Result::Foo");
>  }
>
>  my $q = MyBaseApp::Schema->connect("dbi:SQLite::memory:")->resultset("Foo")->as_query;
>  warn $$q->[0];
> '
>
> producing
>
> (SELECT me.bar FROM foo me) at -e line 37.

> Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...
>
> !DSPAM:57d950ba170071809073496!

Bernhard Bauch
Webdevelopment

ZSI-Zentrum für Soziale Innovation GmbH
Centre for Social Innovation

Linke Wienzeile 246, A-1150 Wien, Austria
Mail: [hidden email]
Skype: berni-zsi

dbix-debug.pl (1K) Download Attachment

Re: latest DBIx::Class "Not inlining a constructor..."

Dmitry Latin
Maybe I'm wrong, but your base classes (MyBaseApp::*) are already
"moosified", so you don't have to use MooseX::NonMoose in subclasses
which extend your MyBaseApp::*

--
//wbr, Dmitry L.

Re: latest DBIx::Class "Not inlining a constructor..."

Bernhard Bauch
hey again,
that does not change a thing :(

any ideas peter what could be wrong in my classes/setup ?

cheers, berni

On 09/21/2016 02:18 PM, Bernhard Bauch wrote:
> hey again,
> that does not change a thing :(
>
> any ideas peter what could be wrong in my classes/setup ?

Sorry for not having replied yet - I am at a conference and time is
scarce. I will look into this in more detail tomorrow.

Cheers

Re: latest DBIx::Class "Not inlining a constructor..."

Bernhard Bauch
dear peter,
any news on that ?
cheers, berni

On 09/19/2016 02:14 PM, Bernhard Bauch wrote:
> dear peter,
>
> here's my example code..(see attachment)

Sorry for the delayed response.

It seems that commit
https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/commit/e1d9e578b8 tickles some
sort of bug within MooseX::NonMoose as demonstrated here:
https://github.com/doy/moosex-nonmoose/issues/15

The upcoming version of DBIC will not contain the line added in
e1d9e578b8 as per https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/commit/0c90b924

I have tried your example script with the current master (
https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/commit/8aae7940 ) and it no
longer warns.

Could you please try this (running against latest) and report back?

Cheers!

Re: latest DBIx::Class "Not inlining a constructor..."

Bernhard Bauch
dear peter,
(was on holydays the last week)..

i did try the latest /current master, the warnings are gone on the testing -script :)

when i start my Catalyst-Applikation, i get other/new message:

------------------------------------
/usr/local/BaseFrameWork/sites/MyApp/script/MyApp.psgi: Schema MyApp::Schema=HASH(0xced96e0) failed the 'valid_c3_composition' sanity check: Class 'MyApp::Schema::ResultSet::Attachment' was originally using the 'dfs' MRO affecting the lookup order of the following method(s): BUILDARGS(), DESTROY(), meta(), new(). You MUST add the following line to 'MyApp::Schema::ResultSet::Attachment' right after strict/warnings:
  use mro 'c3';

/usr/local/BaseFrameWork/sites/MyApp/script/MyApp.psgi: Schema MyApp::Schema=HASH(0xced96e0) failed the 'valid_c3_composition' sanity check: Class 'MyApp::Schema::ResultSet::Page' was originally using the 'dfs' MRO affecting the lookup order of the following method(s): BUILDARGS(), DESTROY(), meta(), new(). You MUST add the following line to 'MyApp::Schema::ResultSet::Page' right after strict/warnings:
  use mro 'c3';

/usr/local/BaseFrameWork/sites/MyApp/script/MyApp.psgi: Schema MyApp::Schema=HASH(0xced96e0) failed the 'valid_c3_composition' sanity check: Class 'MyApp::Schema::ResultSet::Users' was originally using the 'dfs' MRO affecting the lookup order of the following method(s): BUILDARGS(), DESTROY(), meta(), new(). You MUST add the following line to 'MyApp::Schema::ResultSet::Users' right after strict/warnings:
------------------------------------

These 3 ResutSet are the ones that are inherited from my BaseFrameWork.
If i add
        use mro 'c3';
to the 3 classes in my applikation directly after
        use Moose;
the warnings are gone, and the application runs fine :)

do you know, when DBIC will be released including the moose-fix ?

thanks for yourr support!!
cheers, berni

On 10/13/2016 03:06 PM, Bernhard Bauch wrote:

> ...the warnings are gone, and the application runs fine :)

Excellent, glad to hear it!

> do you know, when DBIC will be released including the moose-fix ?

At this point I don't know :( Hopefully something will be known in
couple weeks.