Update a related table

Dermot-3
Hi,

I am sure this is a simple task but I don't appear to be getting it.

t1 has a column in which I store the id for the members of t2

I can do this:

my $data_from_t1 = $c->model('MyDB::MyData')->find({'sub_id' => $id});

and I can retrieve the other table object from $data_from_t1 by

$data_from_t2 = $data_from_t1->t1_column_ref

But what if, in the process of updating t1, I want to update a field
in a related record in t2. I can't seem to find a way to do that.

I have tried

$data_from_t2->field_to_update = 1;
$data_from_t2->update;
$data_from_t1_update;

Thanx,
Dp.

Re: Update a related table

Matt S Trout
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 05:13:58PM +0100, Dermot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am sure this is a simple task but I don't appear to be getting it.
>
> t1 has a column in which I store the id for the members of t2
>
> I can do this:
>
> my $data_from_t1 = $c->model('MyDB::MyData')->find({'sub_id' => $id});
>
> and I can retrieve the other table object from $data_from_t1 by
>
> $data_from_t2 = $data_from_t1->t1_column_ref
>
> But what if, in the process of updating t1, I want to update a field
> in a related record in t2. I can't seem to find a way to do that.
>
> I have tried
>
> $data_from_t2->field_to_update = 1;
> $data_from_t2->update;
> $data_from_t1_update;

$data_from_t2->field(1);
$data_from_t2->update;

or

$data_from_td->update({ field => 1 });

just like on any DBIx::Class::Row object.

--
      Matt S Trout       Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project?
   Technical Director                    http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/