The "outstanding reservations" thread

Matt S Trout-2
Right, so, riba provided a long list of reasons why he thinks people should
have reservations about a core team plan of any form.

However, direct engagement with those has been, well, exactly as unproductive
as I'd hoped it wouldn't be.

On the other hand, since "I'm tired of wading through this" doesn't actually
form a counterargument, I'd like to ensure that if anybody feels that they
do have reservations as a result, those questions are addressed.

So, yeah, basically, "if you feel there are outstanding questions for me
to answer from any other recent thread that I haven't already addressed,
please do re-iterate them here".

I'm also happy to do what I can to answer questions about my expectations
for other members of proposed-core, given they seem to be enjoying the tone
of the conversation even less than I have been.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

Re: The "outstanding reservations" thread

Peter Rabbitson-2
On 10/13/2016 08:33 PM, Matt S Trout wrote:
> Right, so, riba provided a long list of reasons why he thinks people should
> have reservations about a core team plan of any form.

No, Matt, this is not true. I consistently kept pointing out fundamental
problems with any team including  *you* specifically, questioning both
your track-record of decisions affecting end-users and the (in)ability
and/or unwillingness of the other proposed members to counterbalance
your tendencies.

For a counter-example see
http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2016-October/012318.html

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 10:42:51PM +0200, Peter Rabbitson wrote:

> On 10/13/2016 08:33 PM, Matt S Trout wrote:
> >Right, so, riba provided a long list of reasons why he thinks people should
> >have reservations about a core team plan of any form.
>
> No, Matt, this is not true. I consistently kept pointing out
> fundamental problems with any team including  *you* specifically,
> questioning both your track-record of decisions affecting end-users
> and the (in)ability and/or unwillingness of the other proposed
> members to counterbalance your tendencies.
>
> For a counter-example see http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2016-October/012318.html

I'm sorry, perhaps I misunderstood what

> This kind of work also can not happen on a schedule, nor can it fall
> prey to "consensus"

and

meant in http://lists.scsys.co.uk/pipermail/dbix-class/2016-October/012280.html

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/