Re: Traffic pattern changes ahead

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Traffic pattern changes ahead

Peter Rabbitson-2
On 12/25/2015 11:11 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>
> Work will resume in full some time during the 1st week of January, with
> a tentative date for 0.082830 some time around Jan 7.
>

Given January is almost over, another update is in order. Back in [1]
several pieces were identified as "walking away without these is
near-criminal". Below is their state of readiness after several weeks of
false starts:

- Review, fixups, and final API-fication of the transaction subsystem
    70% (hand in hand with the next item)
- Review, fixups, and final API-fication of the exception handling subsystem
        70% (turned out to be a massive yak, isn't it always the case)

- Final API-fication of the relationship resolution system
        85%

- Final review and fixups of the metadata (ResultSource) subsystem
        10% (may be dropped entirely, things are taking too long)

- Stabilize the (unique across CPAN) CI setup in light of recent service
changes
        95% (main part completed, possibly will add more parallelism if time
permits)

- Overhaul of the distbuild system, making it more approachable for
future maints
        20%

- Several new deprecation warnings, serving to set direction/provide
interlocks for future architects
        5% (might also get dropped altogether... sigh)

- Minor overhauls of SQL::Abstract and SQL::Translators, to be lock-step
released with DBIC
        70%

Annotation of all existing branches/issues/tickets/PRs
        50%


For the time being I am intending to stick to the original plan, despite
the ever-slipping timetable. Sorry it is taking so long.

There is also a little bit of not-terrible news: In the meantime there
were several (so far 2, maybe one more during FOSDEM) entities who
expressed interest in keeping me around in a similar capacity. While
there are no specific details to share, I plan to get to the bottom of
each of these opportunities before "turning the lights off". Too much
unwritten code is at stake to not do so.

Next update Mid-February.

Cheers

[1] http://blogs.perl.org/users/peter_rabbitson/2015/12/riba2016-ends.html

_______________________________________________
List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Traffic pattern changes ahead

Peter Rabbitson-2
On 01/30/2016 06:50 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>
> Given January is almost over, another update is in order. Back in [1]
> several pieces were identified as "walking away without these is
> near-criminal". Below is their state of readiness after several weeks of
> false starts:

And another belated update 4(!) months later. There is a tunnel at the
end of the light \o/ Unfortunately I am not yet ready to start my last
dev-release cycle, but the wait is certainly going to be worth it. Work
has not stopped since the last announcement[2], despite the
purse-string-holders of my userbase voting for no further work. As I
said earlier: there is a certain responsibility attached to what we do,
and I intend to honor it, be it fashionable or not.

What prompted me to write this interim update, without having anything
to show yet, are some private rumblings from various contributors that I
am taking the codebase away from the "community" (whatever this might
mean). Dealing with this demoralizes me, and my productivity goes to shit.

Thus to whom it may concern: please leave me alone, and let me work *for
free* on *my code*, in peace. I want to leave something behind which
will be more resilient towards the wave of incompetent maintainership
that in the recent years made CPAN unworkable for me and others. This is
done for the benefit of thousands of install bases, which have never
heard of the IRC echo-chamber, nor do they ever need to. Not for the
0.1% of the elite YAPC-attending portion of our community.

I have very little time left (it looks like 1~3 weeks at most, depends
on how fast a difficult negotiation goes through), and having to deal
with various whispers is decidedly not something I need to be doing
right now, when the codebase is not fit for a safe release. Please
respect the interests of the other 99.9% of your peers, or explain in
public your grievances so that the wider user-community can decide
whether your complaints have merit. Thank you for not continuing being a
problem.

Follows the current state of the outlined work:

>
> - Review, fixups, and final API-fication of the transaction subsystem
>         70% (hand in hand with the next item)
> - Review, fixups, and final API-fication of the exception handling
> subsystem
>      70% (turned out to be a massive yak, isn't it always the case)

These inched up to 90%, almost there.

>
> - Final API-fication of the relationship resolution system
>      85%
>

No changes there yet.

> - Final review and fixups of the metadata (ResultSource) subsystem
>      10% (may be dropped entirely, things are taking too long)
>

Now at 90%

Turned out that without doing this work it is not possible to resolve a
number of regressions. This is what took most of the past couple months,
I will add a more extensive writeup when the final pieces land.


> - Stabilize the (unique across CPAN) CI setup in light of recent service
> changes
>      95% (main part completed, possibly will add more parallelism if
> time permits)
>

No changes since last announcement.

> - Overhaul of the distbuild system, making it more approachable for
> future maints
>      20%
>

Inched up to 70%, need another pass to remove Module::Install and add
the code walkthrough (this is a surprise, stay tuned).


> - Several new deprecation warnings, serving to set direction/provide
> interlocks for future architects
>      5% (might also get dropped altogether... sigh)

Now at 85% goes together with the ResultSource overhaul.

>
> - Minor overhauls of SQL::Abstract and SQL::Translators, to be lock-step
> released with DBIC
>      70%
>

No changes since, only preliminary planning.

> Annotation of all existing branches/issues/tickets/PRs
>      50%
>

No changes since, preliminary planning.


There was a number of detours for problems not listed above, as people
have reported unrelated bugs. Notable a round of fixups to the result
parser pipeline, which likely would have been impossible to approach for
anyone else (too much implicit context in very esoteric code).

Really not long now.

Another update in a week!

[1] http://blogs.perl.org/users/peter_rabbitson/2015/12/riba2016-ends.html
[2] https://gist.github.com/ribasushi/a5bf63b1dc00777a44eaf5468f98d85c

_______________________________________________
List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Traffic pattern changes ahead

Peter Rabbitson-2
On 05/25/2016 04:29 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:

> On 01/30/2016 06:50 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>>
>> Given January is almost over, another update is in order. Back in [1]
>> several pieces were identified as "walking away without these is
>> near-criminal". Below is their state of readiness after several weeks of
>> false starts:
>
> And another belated update 4(!) months later. There is a tunnel at the
> end of the light \o/ Unfortunately I am not yet ready to start my last
> dev-release cycle, but the wait is certainly going to be worth it.
>
> ...
>
> Another update in a week!
>
> [1] http://blogs.perl.org/users/peter_rabbitson/2015/12/riba2016-ends.html


And we are entering the final lap \o/

Wide scale testing of the resultsource revamp and its related work is
finally 99% green (each and every instance of the 1% being legitimate
problems). I am in the process of filling in documentation gaps and
final polish: the 0.082899_xx devrel cycle will officially start
sometime this weekend.

In the meantime 0.08271[2] shipped with 0 functional changes but
improved installation experience for those who are stuck there for one
reason or another.

Additionally I just uploaded 0.082829_01[3], which contains *some* of
the "no brainer" parts that are due to ship in 0.082900. This will be
uploaded as "next stable" 0.082830 in several hours baring any issues.

This flurry of releases is a backup-plan of sorts in case a
time-shortage or other unexpected developments prevent me from wrapping
up 0.082900 properly, forcing me to instead back out/throw-away the
~8kloc of changes. I honestly believe it will not come to that, but
better be prepared to "do nothing in case of doubt".

For those whose changes/fixes did not make the cut in [3]: DO NOT PANIC.
Even in the unlikely event I end up throwing my work away - it will be
done preserving everything else (I have done it before[4]).

More updates on the interesting/meaty work some time Sunday \o/

[2] https://metacpan.org/source/RIBASUSHI/DBIx-Class-0.08271/Changes#L3-21
[3] https://metacpan.org/release/RIBASUSHI/DBIx-Class-0.082829_01
[4] https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class/commit/c97338007

_______________________________________________
List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Traffic pattern changes ahead

Peter Rabbitson-2
On 06/17/2016 03:24 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>
> And we are entering the final lap \o/
>

Wow... July is here now. A quick update on where things stand:

There has been a lot of slacking off last couple weeks: with me being
distracted by binge-watching 3 conferences: TPC::NA[1], FPW[2] and
YAPC::RU[3], and then getting utterly mesmerized by YAPC::UK[4].
Nevertheless work has been marching on:

> Wide scale testing of the resultsource revamp and its related work is
> finally 99% green (each and every instance of the 1% being legitimate
> problems). I am in the process of filling in documentation gaps and
> final polish: the 0.082899_xx devrel cycle will officially start
> sometime this weekend.

Sadly I spoke too soon - the introduction of a forgotten last-minute
extra check blew up a number of downstream test suites, so the coveted
0.0829xx devrel cycle is still several days off.

>
> This flurry of releases is a backup-plan of sorts in case a
> time-shortage or other unexpected developments prevent me from wrapping
> up 0.082900 properly, forcing me to instead back out/throw-away the
> ~8kloc of changes. I honestly believe it will not come to that, but
> better be prepared to "do nothing in case of doubt".
>
> For those whose changes/fixes did not make the cut: DO NOT PANIC.
> Even in the unlikely event I end up throwing my work away - it will be
> done preserving everything else (I have done it before).

A semi-positive development is that due to oring bureaucratic setbacks I
still have a *little* more time to devote to OSS before signing off. So
despite the delays it seems I am still on track to ship something
non-embarrassing in the end ;)

More updates some time mid-next-week.

Cheers

[1] https://www.youtube.com/user/yapcna/videos
[2] http://journeesperl.fr/fpw2016/
[3] https://youtu.be/17Lo_QLcid4?t=2085
[4] The "Yet Another Political Clusterfuck" UK edition[5], also known as
brexit(3)[6]
[5] If you thought YAPC::UK is bad - just wait for YAPC::US in 4 months
[6] https://twitter.com/mbalmer/status/746441585248854016


_______________________________________________
List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Traffic pattern changes ahead

Peter Rabbitson-2
On 07/01/2016 04:59 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> On 06/17/2016 03:24 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>>
>> And we are entering the final lap \o/
>>
>
> Wow... July is here now. A quick update on where things stand:

And here comes August. Still no update on CPAN, despite the "some days
off" label, but at least now there is real tangible progress ( see [1]
below ). As I mentioned several times earlier - a miraculous chain of
events keep me available to properly wrap up what I am doing, and the
timeframes got pushed several weeks ahead (yet again, but this time,
fingers-crossed, for the last time ).

This means everything is still on track, as unlikely as it seems!

I was hoping to start things rolling this weekend, but I had to stop all
work for the past ~4 days: too much brain-fry. In less than 24h I will
be embarking on a long trip to a modest private gathering [2], so there
will essentially be no updates during the coming week either.

More updates in ~10 days


Follows a list of milestones as of Aug 1st:

> On 05/25/2016 04:29 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>> On 01/30/2016 06:50 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> - Review, fixups, and final API-fication of the transaction subsystem
>>>         70% (hand in hand with the next item)
>>> - Review, fixups, and final API-fication of the exception handling
>>> subsystem
>>>      70% (turned out to be a massive yak, isn't it always the case)
>>
>> These inched up to 90%, almost there.
>>
>>>
>>> - Final API-fication of the relationship resolution system
>>>      85%
>>>
>>
>> No changes there yet.

Now at 95%, virtually finished.


>>
>>> - Final review and fixups of the metadata (ResultSource) subsystem
>>>      10% (may be dropped entirely, things are taking too long)
>>>
>>
>> Now at 90%
>>
>> Turned out that without doing this work it is not possible to resolve a
>> number of regressions. This is what took most of the past couple months,
>> I will add a more extensive writeup when the final pieces land.

Now *fully 100% complete* (the "next 90%" took a while). See [1] for a
more extensive writeup


>>
>>
>>> - Stabilize the (unique across CPAN) CI setup in light of recent service
>>> changes
>>>      95% (main part completed, possibly will add more parallelism if
>>> time permits)
>>>
>>
>> No changes since last announcement.

No changes since last time.


>>
>>> - Overhaul of the distbuild system, making it more approachable for
>>> future maints
>>>      20%
>>>
>>
>> Inched up to 70%, need another pass to remove Module::Install and add
>> the code walkthrough (this is a surprise, stay tuned).
>>

No changes.


>>
>>> - Several new deprecation warnings, serving to set direction/provide
>>> interlocks for future architects
>>>      5% (might also get dropped altogether... sigh)
>>
>> Now at 85% goes together with the ResultSource overhaul.
>>

Now at 95%, 2 more new warnings pending.


>>>
>>> - Minor overhauls of SQL::Abstract and SQL::Translators, to be lock-step
>>> released with DBIC
>>>      70%
>>>
>>
>> No changes since, only preliminary planning.

No changes.


>>
>>> Annotation of all existing branches/issues/tickets/PRs
>>>      50%
>>>
>>
>> No changes since, preliminary planning.
>>

No changes


As said earlier - more around the 10th. Stay tuned! \m/


[1]
https://blog.afoolishmanifesto.com/posts/open-source-infrastructure-and-dbix-class-diagnostics-improvements/
[2] https://www.google.de/search?q=wacken+open+air&tbm=isch



_______________________________________________
List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Traffic pattern changes ahead

Peter Rabbitson-2
On 08/01/2016 04:33 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:

> On 07/01/2016 04:59 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>> On 06/17/2016 03:24 PM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>>>
>>> And we are entering the final lap \o/
>>>
>>
>> Wow... July is here now. A quick update on where things stand:
>
> And here comes August. Still no update on CPAN, despite the "some days
> off" label, but at least now there is real tangible progress ( see [x]
> below ). As I mentioned several times earlier - a miraculous chain of
> events keep me available to properly wrap up what I am doing, and the
> timeframes got pushed several weeks ahead (yet again, but this time,
> fingers-crossed, for the last time ).
>
> This means everything is still on track, as unlikely as it seems!
>
> I was hoping to start things rolling this weekend, but I had to stop all
> work for the past ~4 days: too much brain-fry. In less than 24h I will
> be embarking on a long trip to a modest private gathering [x], so there
> will essentially be no updates during the coming week either.


Greetings, and welcome to the September issue of this thread.

Updates have been slow, as a number of external events conspired to keep
me away from OSS for a while. Nevertheless things are still on track and
what's more - there are new never-before-seen-developments.

First off - good (fsvo) things come to those who wait: I start in a new
role on Oct 3rd. For better or worse my day-to-day activities will still
revolve around Perl5 so I will have to stick around in some capacity,
the extents of which I myself do not yet know.

With that said at this time I have a hard date for ceasing my direct
involvement in any CPAN offering with more than a single maintainer: the
coveted releases of the "team" projects I single-handedly led for
several years will happen on or before Oct 1st - exactly a year after my
doomed attempt to provide a better user experience in a sustainable
fashion[1].

I have also firmly selected who will be getting the DBIx::Class
namespace first-come[2], the transfer of which will also happen
somewhere around the end of September. It was a hard choice, but I am
convinced that it is the best thing to do as far as end-users are
concerned, at least in the short term.

And lastly - I have essentially reached the end of my queue of "things
that nobody is willing/able to do". There are still a couple downstream
pieces that needs attention, but other than that things will finally
start visibly rolling around Sept 13th, once I get back home from yet
another trip.

Look forward to an update around that time.

Cheers

[1]
https://www.reddit.com/r/perl/comments/3n4c85/i_am_a_perl5_developer_asking_25_companies_to
[2]
https://metacpan.org/source/NEILB/PAUSE-Permissions-0.16/lib/PAUSE/Permissions.pm#L567-573

_______________________________________________
List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Traffic pattern changes ahead

Peter Rabbitson-2
In reply to this post by Peter Rabbitson-2
Greetings!

Another update on what happened up until Sept 30th.

Here is where thing stand as of master / dc7d89911b

On 01/30/2016 06:50 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
>
> - Review, fixups, and final API-fication of the transaction subsystem

Still at 90%. Missing several pieces around TxnScopeGuard.

> - Review, fixups, and final API-fication of the exception handling
> subsystem

100% completed.

>
> - Final API-fication of the relationship resolution system

100%

> - Final review and fixups of the metadata (ResultSource) subsystem

100%

>
> - Stabilize the (unique across CPAN) CI setup in light of recent service  changes

100%

>
> - Overhaul of the distbuild system, making it more approachable for
> future maints

Still at 70%. Given distbuilding is a very controversial topic, any
changes before a new direction is in place are likely moot.

> - Several new deprecation warnings, serving to set direction/provide
> interlocks for future architects

Still at 95%. Whether it is sensible to proceed also depends on the
agreed upon direction.

> - Minor overhauls of SQL::Abstract and SQL::Translators, to be lock-step
> released with DBIC

Work in this area never happened. The lockstep requirement got dropped
with a recent merge in September. There is a small amount of SQLA fixes
that I will finish some time this month (time permitting). There is a
larger overhaul of dependencies that I envisioned, but at this point I
must admit I lost the motivation to do that.

>
> Annotation of all existing branches/issues/tickets/PRs

This did not proceed ahead aside from planning, as the code churn would
have made any work in this area pointless. As indicated in the next
email I will provide information on this as long as there is demand.


master (dc7d89911b) itself is *in a fully releasable state*. It passes
its extensive CI checks. It has also been tested against downstream
dependencies extensively as indicated in the commit message of
dc7d89911b. With that being said - it is not in a state of completion I
would have shipped it myself (what is mainly bugging me are the missing
warnings).


See next email for updates on the big picture

Cheers!

_______________________________________________
List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Traffic pattern changes ahead

Darren Duncan
On 2016-10-07 10:08 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
<snip>
> master (dc7d89911b) itself is *in a fully releasable state*. It passes its
> extensive CI checks. It has also been tested against downstream dependencies
> extensively as indicated in the commit message of dc7d89911b. With that being
> said - it is not in a state of completion I would have shipped it myself (what
> is mainly bugging me are the missing warnings).

Thanks a lot for this message!  My primary concern has been addressed by it.

While you didn't yet implement everything you wanted to, the actual work that
you performed is committed and you consider the codebase to be release-ready as is.

Even if you don't do anything else on the codebase, you have then left a strong
legacy and people will benefit greatly from all the work you did so far, which
is not wasted.  Also, you did finish many of your checklist items 100% even if
not all of them.

That being said, I say more power to you where you want to write/commit the
other pieces that you would prefer to ship, particularly the warnings.

Thanks again for all your work over the years, DBIC users are better for it.

-- Darren Duncan


_______________________________________________
List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

CPAN release requested (was Re: Traffic pattern changes ahead)

Darren Duncan
On 2016-10-07 1:34 PM, Darren Duncan wrote:

> On 2016-10-07 10:08 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> <snip>
>> master (dc7d89911b) itself is *in a fully releasable state*. It passes its
>> extensive CI checks. It has also been tested against downstream dependencies
>> extensively as indicated in the commit message of dc7d89911b. With that being
>> said - it is not in a state of completion I would have shipped it myself (what
>> is mainly bugging me are the missing warnings).
>
> Thanks a lot for this message!  My primary concern has been addressed by it.
>
> While you didn't yet implement everything you wanted to, the actual work that
> you performed is committed and you consider the codebase to be release-ready as is.
>
> Even if you don't do anything else on the codebase, you have then left a strong
> legacy and people will benefit greatly from all the work you did so far, which
> is not wasted.  Also, you did finish many of your checklist items 100% even if
> not all of them.
>
> That being said, I say more power to you where you want to write/commit the
> other pieces that you would prefer to ship, particularly the warnings.
>
> Thanks again for all your work over the years, DBIC users are better for it.

As a followup, having now read all posts to date...

Peter,

I would like to formally request that you make an actual CPAN stable release of
DBIC (presumably with prior _N release candidates) at your earliest convenience,
using the current master branch that you consider releasable.

While you still have the "first come" and as you did prior releases.

This would be a more public (more or less) last hurrah so the user base can
actually use more easily all the work you did, rather than release of your
latter commits being up to whomever follows you in the project management.

Let what you have be something you can draw a line under with an actual stable
release.  Then, whatever follows, will be publicly relative to that and not some
other release lacking your latest work.

Actual CPAN releases are a more solid marker of a point in time than a git commit.

If you are able to commit further work per your plan, you can always do another
CPAN release with that, but in the meantime I think it is important to get out
what you currently have now, and start its RC process.

Future project direction should not invalidate releasing what you currently have.

If anything, releasing before the possibly controversial further changes like
added warnings would most likely be a GOOD thing.

Thank you in advance.

-- Darren Duncan


_______________________________________________
List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Traffic pattern changes ahead

Lasse Makholm
In reply to this post by Darren Duncan
I think warrants a huge +1! :-)

/L

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 10:34 PM, Darren Duncan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2016-10-07 10:08 AM, Peter Rabbitson wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> master (dc7d89911b) itself is *in a fully releasable state*. It passes its
>> extensive CI checks. It has also been tested against downstream
>> dependencies
>> extensively as indicated in the commit message of dc7d89911b. With that
>> being
>> said - it is not in a state of completion I would have shipped it myself
>> (what
>> is mainly bugging me are the missing warnings).
>
>
> Thanks a lot for this message!  My primary concern has been addressed by it.
>
> While you didn't yet implement everything you wanted to, the actual work
> that you performed is committed and you consider the codebase to be
> release-ready as is.
>
> Even if you don't do anything else on the codebase, you have then left a
> strong legacy and people will benefit greatly from all the work you did so
> far, which is not wasted.  Also, you did finish many of your checklist items
> 100% even if not all of them.
>
> That being said, I say more power to you where you want to write/commit the
> other pieces that you would prefer to ship, particularly the warnings.
>
> Thanks again for all your work over the years, DBIC users are better for it.
>
> -- Darren Duncan
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
> IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
> SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
> Searchable Archive:
> http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...

_______________________________________________
List: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/dbix-class
IRC: irc.perl.org#dbix-class
SVN: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/repos/bast/DBIx-Class/
Searchable Archive: http://www.grokbase.com/group/dbix-class@...
Loading...