Governance: Proposal A is adopted

David Golden
Given the pattern of votes, I see no need to tally the exact numbers.

The vast majority of voters clearly want the community to manage of the DBIx::Class namespace.

I want to thank everyone for their participation and patience.

As I've just woken up, I'm going to put off the permissions changes until later today when I have time to do it carefully.

I'll post again to the list when that is complete.

Regards,
David

--
David Golden <[hidden email]> Twitter/IRC/GitHub: @xdg

Re: Governance: Proposal A is adopted

James E Keenan
On 12/08/2016 07:10 AM, David Golden wrote:

> Given the pattern of votes, I see no need to tally the exact numbers.
>
> The vast majority of voters clearly want the community to manage of the
> DBIx::Class namespace.
>
> I want to thank everyone for their participation and patience.
>
> As I've just woken up, I'm going to put off the permissions changes
> until later today when I have time to do it carefully.
>
> I'll post again to the list when that is complete.

Thank you, David (and other PAUSE maintainers lurking silently in the
background) for the time, effort and patience you put into this.

Jim Keenan

Re: Governance: Proposal A is adopted

Matt S Trout-2
On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 07:10:30AM -0500, David Golden wrote:
> Given the pattern of votes, I see no need to tally the exact numbers.
>
> The vast majority of voters clearly want the community to manage of the
> DBIx::Class namespace.

I have committed (and pushed to canonical master) the GOVERNANCE document
plus an empty RESOLUTIONS file, in d8cf3aa31fb3d6ff7813f021fcc002663725fc41

While the governance system (intentionally) does not allow me to enforce it,
I would strongly suggest that we all take a few days to chill before getting
back to work.

> I want to thank everyone for their participation and patience.

Seconded.

This is far from an entirely happy ending, but it is, hopefully, an ending
that will set us up to move forwards in a careful but constructive fashion.

Thank you everybody for bearing with the process.

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

Re: Governance: Proposal A is adopted

Darren Duncan
On 2016-12-08 4:10 AM, David Golden wrote:
> Given the pattern of votes, I see no need to tally the exact numbers.
>
> The vast majority of voters clearly want the community to manage of the
> DBIx::Class namespace.

By my tracking:

1. There were exactly 58 voting emails received by the list in total, of which
maybe 1..3 might have been duplicate votes or comments, so a solid 55 total.

2. All of the above votes were NOT made by any of {Peter, Matt, David}.

3. There was exactly 1 Abstain vote (dated Mon, 5 Dec 2016 12:29:28 +0000).

4. There were exactly 2 votes for Proposal B (dated Tue, 06 Dec 2016 10:41:15
+0100 and Tue, 06 Dec 2016 20:07:48 +0300 respectively).

5. All of the other votes were for Proposal A, meaning a solid 52 votes.

Therefore Proposal A carried by 52+ to 2 to 1 or 95%.

I would consider the voter participation rate to be quite high, which is great.

-- Darren Duncan

Re: Governance: Proposal A is adopted

Karen Etheridge
The exact vote count was 50-2-1. Here is the tally of votes: https://gist.github.com/karenetheridge/dc2f217e5064e08b34c443fdb89b5ae0