DBIC branch naming

Darren Duncan
Question in regards to contributing development to DBIx::Class.

I made a GitHub fork of https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class today and in the
near future intend to create one or more experimental branches to try and hash
some ideas out publicly.  Separate branches off master can be made later when I
intend to have something merge-able.

For now, would I be best to name any branches like people/myusername/foo like
some of the examples I see or is there a different method that is more highly
recommended?

Thank you.

-- Darren Duncan

Re: DBIC branch naming

Peter Rabbitson-2
On 05/14/2016 06:35 AM, Darren Duncan wrote:

> Question in regards to contributing development to DBIx::Class.
>
> I made a GitHub fork of https://github.com/dbsrgits/dbix-class today and
> in the near future intend to create one or more experimental branches to
> try and hash some ideas out publicly.  Separate branches off master can
> be made later when I intend to have something merge-able.
>
> For now, would I be best to name any branches like people/myusername/foo
> like some of the examples I see or is there a different method that is
> more highly recommended?

There isn't a hard rule for any of this, as any PRs are being
scrutinized and rebased after the fact anyway. Thus naming is secondary
- just do what makes sense in your case.