Calling enterprise/corporate users

Matt S Trout-2
For the past several years, Peter Rabbitson justified certain decisions he made
by referring to enterprise/corporate users who'd talk to him privately about
DBIx::Class and their desires for the future.

Sadly, given the current situation, he preserved your
privacy/off-the-record-ness by refusing to tell any of the other developers
who you were or what you'd said.

If you're one of said publically silent enterprise users, then I say now: You
are valued, and while I prefer things to be done publically where possible,
I'd be willing to sign an NDA if that's the requirement for us to get started
figuring out how your needs wrt DBIx::Class can also be addressed.

Obviously I'll want to figure out from there how to turn any problems you have
into something we can talk about publically, but I have no issue with signing
an NDA so we can look at your situation and discuss together how to move
forwards on the things you find important.

(I would love to be less vague, but http://trout.me.uk/data.jpg applies)

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

Re: Calling enterprise/corporate users

David Cantrell
On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 01:10:06AM +0000, Matt S Trout wrote:

> For the past several years, Peter Rabbitson justified certain decisions he made
> by referring to enterprise/corporate users who'd talk to him privately about
> DBIx::Class and their desires for the future.
>
> Sadly, given the current situation, he preserved your
> privacy/off-the-record-ness by refusing to tell any of the other developers
> who you were or what you'd said.

Putting my work hat on ... I don't recall us talking privately with
anyone about requirements, but I think I did exchange emails with Peter
in which I said that we'd be happy to test stuff people are working on
against our code base. That offer still stands. Not that we're doing
anything terribly complicated.

--
David Cantrell